Most of us don’t realise the effect stress can take on you. It can affect all aspects of life - emotions, behaviours, thinking ability, and physical health. It tends to slowly creep up on us, and you get so usedto dealing with it that you don’t realise the effectit is taking.Here at Mynurva, we want to talk about signs of stress so others can realise them when they start to happen, hopefully preventing chronic stress.
· You may become easily agitated, frustrated, or moody
· Feeling like you are losing control
· Feeling overwhelmed all the time
· You can’t relax or quiet your mind
· Low self-esteem
· Feeling lonely, worthless, and depressed
· Avoiding friends
· Low levels of energy
· Upset stomach (diarrhoea, constipation, nausea)
· Chest pain, rapid heartbeat
· Dry mouth and difficulty swallowing, clenching jaw and grinding teeth
· Loss of sexual desire
· Aches, pains, and loose muscles
· Poor judgement
· Being pessimistic
· Constant worrying
· Forgetfulness and disorientation
· Inability to focus
Don’t let stress rule your life. If you think you have a few or any of these symptoms, read our How to Deal with Stress blog for simple ways to fix them. And remember, Mynurva is always here to listen.
Was this post helpful? Share with your community and help them realise the signs of stress as well.
Download Mynurva’s PDF Report: